After hundreds of hours watching operators use our very popular Servo Bar 300 bar feeders, our engineers went back to the drawing board with the goal of making Haas bar feeder operations even easier and more efficient. The result is the all-new Haas Bar Feeder, which really does provide a more simplified and affordable way to automate part production on Haas turning centers. It features a re-engineered, heavy-duty – yet still compact – design that boosts productivity and streamlines turning operations.
Designed and built for use with Haas ST-10 through ST-35 and DS series CNC turning centers, the Haas Bar Feeder connects directly to the Haas control. The innovative, unique rollaway design provides easy access to the rear of the lathe spindle for quick liner adapter and liner changes while the twin storage racks put the liners right where you need them – up-front and ready for quick swaps.
Our engineers put a lot of thought into this new design, making bar diameter changeovers fast and simple by using an ergonomically placed height-adjustment hand wheel at the right-front side of the bar feeder. They designed a totally new, quick-change pushrod design that literally is a snap, requiring absolutely no tools to change, and the pushrod can now be used as a stop.
The new Haas Bar Feeder is easy to set up, easy to operate, and ready to boost your output and profits.
- Rollaway design provides easy access to the rear of the lathe spindle for quick liner adapter and liner changes
- High push-rod speeds for shorter part-to-part cycle times
- Ability to use the pushrod as a stop
- Improved mechanical design for increased reliability and performance
- Easy bar diameter changeover (height adjustment), with better ergonomics
- Quick-change pushrod design, with no tools needed
- Storage on the top lid for both pushrod diameters, 3/8" (9.5 mm) and 3/4" (20 mm)
- Easily accessible storage for all extruded liners
- 0.375" (9.5 mm) to 3.125" (79.4 mm) diameter bar range; maximum bar diameter is determined by the bar capacity of the lathe
- 48" (1219 mm) maximum bar length
- Accuracy of ±0.01" (0.25 mm) feed length with recommended pull-back-style collet closer
- 15" (381 mm) minimum bar length
- Tray capacity: 30" (762 mm) staging area; for example, 1" (25 mm) x 30 bars total staging capacity
- 80 lb (36.3 kg) maximum bar weight; recommended length for steel bars is 36" (914 mm) in order to not exceed weight limit
The Haas Bar Feeder runs directly from the Haas control, and connects directly to the lathe’s electrical cabinet. All bar feed parameters are set at the lathe control.
Note: Requires anchoring to the floor to use the rollaway feature. Requires the purchase of an installation kit specific to the Haas CNC turning center it will be connected to. Not compatible with any gear-drive spindle option on the ST-30 or ST-35. Requires software version 11.21A or later.
Call 01603 760539 for further details on the Haas range of CNC machine tools or to discuss your requirements with a Haas expert.
Coldon Engineering Limited
“The Haas service is great. They always have the spares we need in stock, don’t charge the earth for them, and as long as we call their service department before 4:30pm they’ll get the parts to us first thing next morning. If we need a service engineer to visit they’ll be here the same day or within 24hrs. I fully recommend Haas.”
“We’re able to call the applications department for advice and they’ve always managed to provide us with the solutions we need, whether over the telephone or in person. Haas have given us some CNC control simulators, so our students can test their programming skills without the danger of crashing one of our real Haas machines. The training that Haas offers has proved invaluable both to students and staff.”
BBR Engineering Limited
Titan Motorsport Limited
Woodbridge Engineering Limited
Headline Filters Limited
“In all cases, every possible part that could be required is shipped in for the Engineer. Any parts not required are collected the next day & are never installed unless absolutely required. This honest philosophy, together with realistically priced spare parts ans highly competent staff make the upkeep of even our older machines viable. I look forward to many more years dealing with Haas.”