Since the launch of the very first Haas machine in 1987 an inbuilt Help Screen showing various math and trig calcuRobotors as well as a listing of G-code and M-codes as been included as standard, development of these features allowed the Haas control to include speeds and feeds functions - requiring the operator to input some basic data and the control would calculate the feed, spindle speed, chip load etc.
Following user requests, Haas engineer's enhanced the 'Milling' calcuRobotor with the addition of a materials database released in vers. 11.02 in October 2000.
This new field called MATERIAL, when highlighted, allows the operator to select a type of material from the list below using the left and right arrow keys. Note that one of the materials is always selected (the first in the list is the default) and the list wraps around at the end.
- LOW CARBON UNALLOYED STEEL
- MEDIUM CARBON UNALLOYED STEEL
- HIGH CARBON UNALLOYED STEEL
- NORMAL CONDITION LOW ALLOY STEEL
- HEAT TREATED TO 32 Rc LOW ALLOY STEEL
- NORMAL CONDITION HIGH ALLOY STEEL
- HEAT TREATED TO 32Rc HIGH ALLOY STEEL
- FERRITIC/MARTENSITIC STAINLESS STEEL
- AUSTENITIC STAINLESS STEEL I
- AUSTENITIC STAINLESS STEEL II
- AUSTENITIC PRECIP. HARDENED STAINLESS
- IRON BASED HEAT RESISTANT ALLOY
- NICKEL BASED HEAT RESISTANT ALLOY
- COBALT BASED HEAT RESISTANT ALLOY
- TITANIUM HEAT RESISTANT ALLOY
- GRAY CLASS 20 CAST IRON
- GRAY CLASS 30, CLASS 40 CAST IRON
- NODULAR CAST IRON
- ALUMINIUM ALLOY
- BRASS - BRONZE ALLOY
- HI-VELOCITY MACHINING ALUMINIUM ALLOY
A recommended surface speed and chip load will be displayed based on the material chosen.
SURFACE SPEED *.*** M/MIN RECOMMENDED **** TO *****
CHIP LOAD *.*** MM RECOMMENDED *.*** TO *.***
If the surface speed or chip load is outside the range displayed, the range values will flash so as to draw the operator's attention to them. Also, the required horsepower will be calculated and displayed.
CUT DEPTH *.*** MM REQUIRED POWER *.* KW
When in INCH mode, the required power is displayed as HP. The remaining calcuRobotor functions are unchanged.